UP Board Class 12th English Model Paper 2023: यह प्रश्नन जरूर आएंगे पेपर में
UP Board Class 12th English Model Paper 2023 : यूपी बोर्ड कक्षा 12वीं के सभी छात्रों के लिए बहुत बड़ी ख़ुशख़बरी, यूपी बोर्ड कक्षा 12वीं अग्रजी मॉडल पेपर 2023 जारी कर दिया गया है अगर आपको भी इंग्लिस के पेपर में अच्छे नंबर लाने है तो इस पेपर की तैयारी जरूर करले |
Class 12 English Model Paper 2023 –
- Note : First 15 minutes are allotted for the candidates to read the question paper. Instructions :
This question paper is divided into four Sections – A, B, C and D.
- All questions from all the Sections are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Read the questions very carefully before you start answering them.
SECTION – A (Reading)
1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow:
Man’s life is not measured by the number of days, months and years that he has lived, but by the deeds he has done and by the achievements he has made. What is the real significance in life is not the quantity but the quality of experience. A short life devoted to noble endeavours is far more valuable than a long life of over a hundred years spent in trivial pursuits. “We live in deeds not in years. Noble deeds, splendid ideas and fine. sentiments constitute the real glory of character and not the length of time one has lived in the world.
- How is man’s life measured? 3
- Which is more valuable, a short life or a long life? 3
- What should man prefer to do in life? 3
- What makes character glorious? 3
- (i) Which word in the passage means ‘importance’? 1
- (ii) What is meant by noble endeavouras? 1
- What is the difference between ‘indeed’ and ‘in deed’? 1
2.Write an article on any one of the following topics in about 100-150 words: 10
(a) Reading books,a pleasure
(b) Online classes
(c) How to make Good Health
3. Write a letter to the Editor of a local newspaper about the cleanliness of your city village. 10
Write a letter to the Principal of your college to complain against the shortage of books in your college library.
4. Choose the correct option to answer the following questions: 5 × 2 = 10
5.(a) One who takes the bright side of a thing is called
(b) The phrase ‘run down’ means?
- running from a hill-top to the foot of a hill
- running from the top floor to the ground floor of a building
- to be in poor health
- to be unable to run.
(c) The synonym of ‘frank’ is
- wide spoken
(d) I prefer a pen than a pencil.’ Which word in this sentence is an error ?
(e) The antonym of ‘knowledge’ is
5. (a) Change any one of the following into indirect speech: 2
- He said to me, “What did you do yesterday?”
- He said to his friend, “Good morning! How are you?”
(b) Combine any one of the following as directed: 2
- It must be done. The cost does not count. (Into a Simple sentence)
- He was so tired. He could not run. ( Into a Complex sentence)
(c) Transform any one of the following as directed: 2
- You can solve it. (Passive voice)
- Their glory can never fade. (Interrogative sentence)
(d) Correct any one of the following sentences: 2
- I am tired in doing this.
- Death is dishonour. preferable than
e) Use any one of the following pairs of words in your own sentences to make the difference in their meanings clear: 2
- honorary -honourable
- umpire – empire
6. Translate the following into English: 5
इसे बुक से प्रैक्टिस करें
7. Answer the following questions in about 40 words each: 4+4=8
- Whom did M. Hamel blame for the ignorance in studies and why? OR What was the importance of garbage for children in Seemapuri?
- What did the instructor do to train Douglas?
What Christmas present did Edla Willmansson receive from the peddler ?
8. Answer any one of the following in about 80 words: 7
- What did Gandhiji do for Champaran ?
- What did Douglas decide to overcome his fear of water?
9. Read the following extract carefully and answer the questions that follow: 3 × 2 = 6
A thing of beauty is a joy forever Its loveliness increases, it will never Pass into nothingness; but will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
- hat does the poet feel about a thing of beauty?
- What does the poet mean when he says, “it will never into pass nothingness”?
- Point out the figure of speech in the statement ‘A thing of beauty is a joy forever.’
10. Write the central idea of any one of the following poems : 4
- My Mother at Sixty-six
- Keeping Quiet
- Aunt Jenifer’s Tigers.
11. Answer the following questions in about 40 words each: 4+4=8
- Who was Hana? How did she meet Sadao ? OR Who was the Tiger King and how was he named so?
- What did Sam write in his letter to Charley ? OR How did the author reach Antarctica ?
12. Answer any one of the following questions in about 80 words: 7
- What was the ‘Students on Ice’ programme? What was its aim?
- What was the third level?